Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Live In A Hole

Got my place more so together now. Posters up, Jedis fighting on the fireplace mantle. Yep, feels like home. Got a dresser and futon from Ikea, man is that place overwhelming. Surrounded by fancy Swedish words for furniture, $0.50 hot dogs, and every little knick-knack that you wouldn't think you need; but it’s so CHEAP.

Feels nice to have a livable place again, I was able to write my entire location shoot script in about two hours, when it took me previously four weeks to finish it. Much better place to work. School now is pretty much going to involve Scene Study, Acting and Singing for the next few weeks, as those are the remaining classes with end-of-term presentations. We did the Movement piece on Wednesday, and thank goodness that class is over. One more term with that teacher, and I'd move a mint down his throat until it gets stuck. Or maybe not, I'm not really all that violent or confrontational.

This term has really flown by, and next term should be a lot of fun; location shoots, and headshots and demo reels, oh my. The course really should be longer than one year, but that's a big part of it's appeal. Oh well, I can always do some course somewhere else, hopefully after I've had some on-set work. And that's hoping I can stay in Vancouver. Not something that's entirely impossible, but I couldn't help but feel a great sting of failure if I had to move back to Nova Scotia at the end of the year. Not to say I don't want to come home, but if I'm going to be in a film acting school, I really should be in the largest film production city in the country. I mean, if I want to act, which I still do, which is not something everyone in my class can say.

No comments: