Thursday, July 10, 2008

"What Are You Doing Tomorrow?"

I'll just start by saying I've been having a creative crisis in the last two weeks, so last night's call from my agent couldn't have come at a better time. After-hours calls are usually a good thing, and this proved no different.

"What are you doing tomorrow?"
I was working, but I figured I would ask before I told him.
"Uh, why?"
"Because they want to book you for Battlestar."
"Well, I'm working, but I'm pretty sure I can get out of it."
"Pretty sure, or can you? I need to know now, because I need to tell them tonight."
"Ok, Ok, I can get out of it."

I had to. I don't care what I had to do, I would not miss out on being on Battlestar Galactica. Before taking care of work, I had to wait for phone calls regarding call times, wardrobe and ... sides delivery?

"We need to tell transport where to deliver the sides," the co-ordinator on the phone told me. Rememeber, BSG is the show with the SUPER-SECRET-IF-THEY-READ-THIS-BLOG-I-WILL-BE-BLACKLISTED-FOR-LIFE sides, so the fact that they had to have a guy hand-deliver my pages didn't surprise me. I had to meet him nearby because he couldn't find my place.

"Sorry, we've been working a lot (like the people I speak to on the phone keep mentioning) and I'm a little fried." 'sall good, buddy. Thanks for the pages.

I get my wardrobe info, and call time later in the evening, so I then headed-down to work to get my schedule straightened-out. One of my managers made me promise to get him a car if I hit it big, which brings the grand total of car-related IOU's to eight.

At work today, I just told people I had to head-out to go to my second job, which is actually true. Not to diminish the elation of doing it, but acting is a job. You're being paid to deliver a service. A fun and wonderful service, but a service none-the-less.

Being on set again was great, even if I had trouble locating the entrance of the huge film studio. Arrive, hair and make-up, and then I hit the shoe box trailer until lunch. A lot like being on set for "I Love You, Beth Cooper", however, there was no kindly old lady telling me not to spill anything on this blog this time. Also, I didn't act. I see a pattern forming. They'll have to bring me back again if they want to get the scene.

Just another day on the job.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Much like the temperatures in Vancouver, Will, you're rising!

It's good to see that, much like G-Unit at a cool party, you're getting some real action!

okay just one more:

Man, Will, much like me for the last 2 months, you're doin' it all by yourself!

Good stuff on Battlestar.