Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I've Been to British Columbia, Richmond to Vancouver

Made it to BC safely. The flight went well, aside from an assassin letting loose a crate of deadly snakes! It's ok though, Mace Windu was on the flight, and killed them with his lightsabre. I got to hold it. I didn't have a camera, and I couldn't use my cell phone on the plane to take a picture, but trust me, it happened. I finally found an internet connection and had my cell phone number changed (e-mail me if you want it, friends only, lawl). I'm staying with my good and generous friend, the beneficent one, Fr. David, and I hope to find a place in downtown Vancouver soon. I also hope the sky will someday rain down loonies so I can make a coin-stack statue of Mount Rushmore with fu manchu mustaches, so I won't hold much hope I'll find the perfect place right away.

I gotta say, I'm a bit on edge waiting for school to start. Just sitting here, making sure I don't spend money on anything (but 7-11 has SUPERMAN RETURNS holographic Slurpee cups! Who can resist?), making sure I have everything I need to live, and trying not to break down and cry too much. I think I've got it down to five minutes a day, of not crying. I drink lots of water, so it's all good.

Not that I'm saying I don't like the time off. It's very relaxed here at the rectory, and the Friars are treating me very well. They almost have my manicuring preferences down pat, but until then, I don't hesitate to hand down the punishment of a West Scandinavian back-waxing.

We watched a movie yesterday that was filmed in Vancouver called Edison Force. It was about a city in the United States called Edison (that, for some reason used BC license plates on their cars). Check it out if you want to see Justin Timberlake as a Jewish reporter working for Morgan Freeman, and shooting-up the bad guys with LL Cool J. Yeah. It really showcases the beauty of the city (I recognized it right away in the first shot of the skyline), and gives me a promising outlook on the film industry here. (The movie wasn't so great, on record I give it three stars out of a possible ... however many stars are viewable from the northern hemisphere).

Anyway, until I get stung by a scorpion for interrupting his afternoon tea or eaten by a purple bear named Gus for losing a game of paper-rock-scissors, you'll be hearing from me later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey,
Congratulations on making it over in a non-dead state. Tell F.D. that he's a big ugly lug and all that sweet and wonderful jazz. Anywho, I'm glad your there and following your dreams so to speak. I know you'll do awesome there. So yeah, good work on dodging the snakes and meeting Mace. See you sometime in the future. God Bless,
Nathan

Anonymous said...

it's tara. i'm talking to you on MSN RIGHT NOW. freakyyyyy
i'm excited for you in good ol. v.dot
remember what i said about vickki gabereau...