Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Double-Header

The first is a pre-screen, which my agent doesn't understand, because I've auditioned for these Casting Directors before. In fact, they were my FIRST real audition (my first EVER was "Altitude", but that too was a pre-screen) for Startgate: Atlantis back in February. I guess two-line auditions are pretty forgettable.

This pre-screen is for a show called "Samurai Girl". It's about the adopted daughter of a powerful Japanese millionaire, who reluctantly agrees to an arranged marriage. However, there is no happily ever after, as armed assassins invade her sacred ceremony, killing her brother and making her their next target. To avenge her brother's death, she has her good friend instruct her in the martial arts, and lo and behold, she catches-on quick. It's a wholesome, family-friendly series for ABC Family.

The role is a short one, a drunk Hipster who hits on the title character, only to have her training run wild on his arm joints. A classmate of mine went for the same role on Friday, making this the fourth (I think) role I've gone out for in direct competition with a fellow VFS alum. In life I'm not a "Hipster" at all, and the type of clothes their looking for I: a) don't have, and b) can't get before tomorrow. Oh well, I can come-up with something, though I doubt I could lose the requisite 40 pounds in one night.

I've been called back for "Caprica", that Battlestar Gallactica prequel series that I auditioned for last Thursday. Looks like that "fair interpretation" was a good choice. This will be for the Director, and I'm pretty pumped.

My canceled-day check for "I Love You, Beth Cooper" is at my agent's office, ready for me to pick it up and drop it down to the bank. Free money's nothing to sneeze at; unless there's something in the ink that you're allergic to.

A pre-screen, an audition, and a check all in one day. I just need a home-run, and I'll be hitting for the cycle.

I need to stop watching MLB highlights at the gym.

No comments: