Saturday, February 16, 2008

That's A Relief

Well, that's a relief. I have a callback for "Jennifer's Body" Monday morning. Those of you who were following this saga all the way back to last week will recall that I didn't feel so hot after auditioning for this one. Getting this callback reassured me of a few things: first of all, that the "Beth Cooper" callback wasn't a fluke. Second, that it doesn't matter how you feel about an audition, as long as the Casting Director (not "Casing Director", although their job descriptions are strikingly similar) likes it enough to call you back, that's all that matters. There will be times where you think you've nailed it, and they think you've failed it, and times where you switch around the words nailed and failed in the previous analogy.

By the way, all these little acting "lessons" I'm mentioning are just things I've been taught by more experienced actors, but they appear to be pretty accurate from what I can tell by my extremely limited experience. I feel I'm off to a pretty hot start, and I'm not going to take it for granted; it could easily cool-off at anytime.

So for this, I'll learn from my mistake (remember when I said it's only a mistake if you don't learn from it?) and get the sides down-pat, and make sure I maintain the pacing. I have a coaching on Sunday afternoon, which unfortunately means no choir this week, but auditions take priority over all. I remember when I complained about have to go to the North Shore studios in North Van, how far away it was. After the audition last week, I was afraid I'd never see it again. This bus ride will be relished, and I shall puff-out my chest and let that security guard at the main gate know with pride just who I am and my business being there.

This one's also a producer/director session, so there's a good possibility Jason Reitman will be there. He seems to like shooting in Vancouver (Juno), and actors from Halifax (Ellen Page, Oscar Nominee and future SNL hostess), so I hope me maritime roots will help me out, eh? I'll be all like "where're all da donairs, eh? Gimmie a Keiths, bye," and he'll be immediately charmed, I just know it. Or maybe I'll drop a historical fact like "how 'bout that Citadel Hill being completed in 1856?" or let him know of an important family tie like "yep, my papa was quite the Mayor in his day."

I dunno, I'm open to suggetions.

No comments: