Monday, February 25, 2008

"This Stupid Business of Ours"

I have a callback for "Altitude", that teen thriller that I pre-screened for weeks ago, and for which I was too old. This was my first "audition" (I count Stargate as the true first audition because like I said, this was a pre-screen) and I had all but forgotten about it so I never expected anything from this. I don't know too much about it, i.e: who the director and producer I'm working in front of tomorrow are (imdb.com has failed me, yet again) and all I have to work with are some notes from the Casting Director.

When my agent called he said I'm still up for the "Jennifer's Body" role, and the people from "I Love You, Beth Cooper" are still interested in giving me a different role, but he so appropriately quipped "That's just the way it goes in this stupid business of ours." This is my introduction to The Biz 101, but hey, I gotta play by the same rules everyone else does. No one said it was easy, logical, ethical or fair, so I shouldn't expect it to be. I'm doing good work, getting good feedback, and according to my agent it will be "Only a matter of time," before I book something, and that it's "Going to get crazy busy soon."

I told him, "I hope so."

No comments: